Monday, March 30, 2015

The true meaning of re-union

In almost 30 years, we are reunited! Tom, my brother, who fiercely resists his so-called 'dictatorial' Burma, and his family landed on the first world U.K just before civil unrest in Burma. My family arrived safely in The U.S.where the humanity prevails, on my 42nd birthday. Since then we met briefly once in London. Although we have different views in today's political development, we are surely making the most democratic part in this world our homes; the homes where many 3rd.countries nationals including Burmese are desperately seeking to establish their new lives. This will definitely continue!
I am overwhelmed when I met Tom. We talked and picked up many missing parts of our lives during this hiatus. We have no doubt we now live in the promised lands.
Sandhi, Phillips, Angela, Monica and Barbara, in the first time, reconnected. Their endless conversations, using today's communication, give us the great pleasure. Surely they will find their own ways to connect the dots. Each of them are now or on the way to become the first world's top professionals. Proud parents!
Life is filled with ups and downs. We all travel in our own directions and shape our lives. With age, our generation faces challenges especially our health conditions. But we agree that our next generation is momentarily taking our places faster and greater than what We thought.
One day, our generation will surely leave our beloved next generation. We need to be prepared for this painful departure; whether we like it or not. After all, we all are life-long travelers! This "wheel" of life will continue until we find the final place where pains and sufferings are universally free; called Nirvana once Lord Buddha has proven. Buddha had shown the world the eight paths of means (vehicles) to attain Nirvana. But we, the sinners, simply miss to follow these practice.
Tom and my family want to extend our thanks to all those for your wonderful friendship and thoughtful gifts during my brother and wife brief visit.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is the second time we meet each other since I left Burma in 1988. Ko ko and Ma Cho met us at LA Airport with warm greeting when we arrived there after long hour of flight. But we felt much energetic on arrival to departure days. Ko Ko had a recent hospitalisation but I thinked a mere presence of us made him a youthful energetic moves to show us around LA. I met three of my nieces and it was very excited moment for all of us. Sandhi was a young girl when I met her in Burma nearly thirty years ago. Now she is an established professional standing on her own feet now. I congratulate her and the parent for their guidance. She gave us a meal at her residence which we really enjoy it. Angela and Barbara were two twin sisters I never met in real life before. They gave us an evening meal at the American steak house. I am very delighted to see my nieces in the professional life styles. I also arranged for them to talk with Philip and Monica on Skype. We had talk about the missing pieces of our life and made a commitment to visit each other across the Atlantic Ocean at our convenient times. Thank you very much for the help.

    ReplyDelete